- Why Are We Here? Definitions/Issues/Challenges With the Present Law
- Reviewing New Regs, Changes, and Case Law
- Federal vs. State Interpretations of Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin and Business: Token Sales (ICOs), Payments, etc
- Tax Issues With Virtual Currencies
- Understanding Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- What You Need to Know About Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and "Smart Contracts"
- Cybersecurity, Fraud, and More: Top Risks
Speaker: Nicholas A. Dupre, board certified estate and tax planning attorney at Stanfield & Dupre, PLLC
About Nick Dupre:
Nicholas A. Dupre is a native Houstonian and worked for more than 10 years for two premier boutique firms in the Houston and Woodlands area before becoming an owner and partner in 2017. He is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate and concentrates on probate, estate and gift tax planning, business planning and taxation, asset protection, estate administration, charitable organizations, real estate transactions, tax controversies, and intellectual property transactions.
In 2004, Nick earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity University. In 2007, he earned his law degree (Juris Doctorate) from the Texas A&M School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. Nick is a member of the Houston Business Estate Planning Council, the Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, and the Woodlands Kiwanis Club.
In addition to his career as an attorney, Nick, his wife, Adryan, and their four children attend Berachah and C3 Christ Community Church of Magnolia. Nick is an accomplished pianist and regularly competes in marathons and other endurance events, recently completing his third full distance Ironman Triathlon.
Deadline to register is Friday, October 21 at noon. Guarantees to the venue necessitate this policy.
**MEMBERS: Please login to register.**